Frequently Asked Questions
Got a Question?
No. The event is an evening glow, meaning all the balloons remain on the ground during the event allowing guests to get up close and personal with these gentle giants. Each hot air balloons serves as a trick-or-treat station for the kids!
The balloons begin to inflate at sunset and glow as long as their fuel allows. This means balloons are usually up from about 5:45pm to approximately 8:45 to 9:15pm, conditional on weather.
Yes, general admission tickets are available for purchase at each entrance gate.
No, unfortunately the tethered rides are sold on-site only and are given on a first come, first serve basis.
General admission includes admission into the event, live music, a FREE Kids Zone with bounce houses & inflatable games, access to and trick-or-treating at balloons, admission to the family-friendly Haunted Trail, and the fireworks finale.
Activities with additional cost are tethered balloon rides, food and beverage, and retail items available for purchase from vendors.
Parking is FREE!! But it is first come, first served. (shuttle info)
Definitely! We have handicapped parking and the event is held on compact grass fields. In fact, one of our balloon pilots is Michael Glen, the world’s first paraplegic hot air balloon pilot. He operates his balloon from a specially designed seated basket. Handicapped parking is first come, first served.
Unfortunately only service animals are allowed into the festival.
The following is a list of Salt River Fields restrictions:
- No outside food or beverages, except as provided under permitted items.
- No sticks or clubs (except walking stick or canes – per MLB guidelines)
- No glass containers or bottles
- No weapons, fireworks, glass bottles or aluminum cans
- No hard-sided coolers or containers, regardless of size
- No tri-, dual- or single-leg pods by non-media personnel, including “selfie sticks”
- No fish nets/poles, umbrellas or signs attached to sticks
- No bullhorns, noisemakers or confetti
- No animals, except service dogs for guests with disabilities are permitted.
- No beach balls, balloons or inflatables
- No skateboards, rollerblades or shoes with wheels
- No unauthorized motor vehicles or mobility devices
- No squirt guns or bubble-making liquids
- No laser pointers
- Operation, possession and/or use of unmanned aerial vehicle, unmanned aerial system, remote controlled aircraft, drones on or over Salt River Fields property is prohibited.
- Other items not specified on this list as deemed prohibited by management.
Violators of these rules and any applicable laws may be refused admission or asked to leave the facility and could be subject to additional legal action
- Two factory-sealed bottles of water, per person. No larger than one liter in size.
- Still/Video cameras. Video cameras are permitted as long as live game action is not recorded
- Plastic baby bottles or any necessary items required for medical purposes or other special needs
Where and When?
Salt River Fields at Talking Stick